1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filter for smoothing just black (dark) lines?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by caleb7777, Oct 27, 2005.

1. caleb7777

caleb7777 Member

This is way out there but does anyone know if there is an avisynth filter that will focus on just black lines such as the outer edges?
    DVD rebuilder is an awesome program but when I do anime especially the edges of faces and eyebrows etc are all zigzag. (This is usually in the original and not caused by DVD Rebuilder)

I have used the MSSmooth filter which was desined for smoothing anime but it smooths everything. Usually this isn't needed especially if you're using DVD Rebuilder.

But it sure would be sweet if there was a filter out there that did anti-aliasing on black/dark lines so that they were not zig zag.

Any ideas?
    Please and thank you!

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

This is actually a subject that's gotten a lot of attention in the AviSynth community. I'd recommend searching Doom9's AviSynth Usage forum for more help with this because it's a complex problem with a lot of different potential solutions. In particular, you may want to look for a script called mfToon. That script will most likely be very slow because mf's scripts just are (you may see some references in that forum to scripts running at mfps when they're really slow).

3. caleb7777

caleb7777 Member

I've tried to get help there but they say that my email is banned which is just BS since I've never even tried posting there before but whatever.
    Thanks for the reply and I'll be sure to check out mfToon

Thanks