1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy 7 PC HELP

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bmxer4lyf, Aug 30, 2005.

1. dude279

dude279 Member

ello all I got a similar question as well. i got this readme file here tell'i me what all I should do..

1. Uncompress the whole stuff into to your ROOT directory.
    2. Add ff7.reg to the registry (double click/yes).
    3. Change the label of your drive to "ff7disc1", "ff7disc2" or "ff7disc3", whichever disc you're playing on.
    4. Run Ff7config.exe and configure. (adding ff7.reg again resets these settings)
    5. Run Ff7.exe and enjoy the greatest game ever made!

now my question is it says ROOT dir. Am I placed in it C:\ is that what I'm to understand or can I place it any where. all my games are placed in D Drive.
    do I change the drive name of my disk. (which is D) it's right now called local disk.

like some help w/this thanks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  2. hobbitman

hobbitman Member

hey... just wondering where people got their copies of FF7 from(downloaded) i got mine but it has less files than what yours has... any help... also where u got your working cd crack from?

3. XCloud419

XCloud419 Member

Hey! I was wondering if anyone can give me some help installing Final Fantasy 7 on the pc. Now I know what you're thinking "this guy doesn't know how to install?!". I do it's just that it wont let me and it's really frustrating. I mean I was able to install it on my desktop, but when I try installing it on my laptop I get this message:

16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
    The system file is not suitable for
    running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
    applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
    the application.

I don't know what it means! I REALLY want to put it on my laptop cuz it's mobile. Please, help. Thank you.

4. kook88

kook88 Member

if ur laptop is xp u need to install the xp patch for ff7 then u can play the game

5. XCloud419

XCloud419 Member

well i got the xp patch and when i try to run the xp patch, it says that i need to have ff7 installed for it to work. Which comes to my problem again, i cannot install ff7. It just wont let me do it! Man this sucks...I was hoping to play it on my laptop...

6. Far_Que

Far_Que Guest

i have a great way how to fix your problem BUY THE GAME ISNTEAD OF ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADING IT

7. rugripper

rugripper Guest

second that motion[je...je...je]

8. jayz69

jayz69 Member

YES BUY THE GAME

the no cd crack i provided isintended for ppl who own the 4 disk game and to stop ahssle of interchanging disks but due to the constant questioning on warez problems i am no longer suplying the nocd crack unless u prove u have a puchesed game EG. picture of all cds

9. XCloud419

XCloud419 Member

lol yeah buy the game. I had it for psx, but i also wanted it for pc. Got it for pc but without disc 1! Luckily my friend burned me a copy of disc one, whew! Oh yeah I fixed my problem and have it running perfectly, i was missing some files within my pc i luckily downloaded of a website and, yeah, it's all good. Thanx for the help!

10. Frobby007

Frobby007 Member

XCloud419 i am having the same problem as you. What did you download to fix it. I have all the cds, it just keeps giving me the same error message.

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows aplications. Chose close to terminate the application.

11. xeather

xeather Guest

where can i get a iso for ff7? ive tried emuparadise and supernova, neither helped

12. Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1 Member

i got an iso ill send u if some1 answers my question before about the video ill send to any1.

13. Far_Que

Far_Que Guest

have you downloaded the 1.4 XP patch?

14. hobbitman

hobbitman Member

where do u get the xp 1.4 patch?

15. Far_Que

Far_Que Guest

16. hobbitman

hobbitman Member

ahhh dude... u hafta pay to join...

17. hobbitman

hobbitman Member

i got the xp 1.4 patch and it says the game is not installed :S... wat wat wat? wat do i do?

18. Far_Que

Far_Que Guest

my email is Far_Que_728@hotmail.com
    if you have msn add me

19. jabbamon

jabbamon Member

hey guys!

i recently downloaded ff7 as well. my game works fine EXCEPT for the fact that the entire screen is covered in an approx 1cm grid of missing pixels.

this grid is on the entire screen, but is omitted during FMV sequences. I am at a loss to explain why this grid of missing pixels appears across the entire screen and would love it if anyone could explain why!!

i am soooo confused about it

20. nerd1991

nerd1991 Member

can u send me the ff7.reg file my email is yikmunleong@gmail.com your help is truly appreciated