1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finalized CD-RW downloaded using realplayer

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by clpd7, Feb 16, 2004.

1. clpd7

clpd7 Member

I'm new to burning CD's so I have a question to ask. I was messing around with realplayer ver 10 and put two songs off a audio cd onto a CR-W. After getting the two songs burned it ask to finalize the CD-RW in order to close the session. Now being new to this I said yes to finalizing it. Now I can't add any more songs to it nor can I erase it. I have tried to erase it on realplayer and on Nero 5.5.9.9. Nero gives me a message of erase failure and realplayer just doesn't do it. Another problem is after trying to erase it and it fails the CD-DW will not eject it just keeps running or at least it sounds like it. After awhile it will finally eject the CD-RW. I'm using Memorex CD-RW 700mb80 minutes 1x-4x speed. My operating system is window 98 SE. My question is if you finalize a CD does that make it non re-writeable and eraseable? Thanks for any and all answers......CLPD7

2. d223

d223 Member

If you want to use a cd-rw as a large floppy or hdd, you must use packet writing software. Ahead the software people that made Nero makes a packet writer called InCD .....but there are problems with it, too numerous to state here.....read these forums to find out.
    To answer your question; burning a cd-rw using Nero Burning Rom or Nero Express, will resultingly treat the cd-rw disk as a cd-r disk and the disk will no longer have any cd-rw attributes.
    Likewise cd-r disks can not be used with InCD....only cd-rw disks!