1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a CD-Key on origonal CD

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by DanandJen, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Not sure if this has ever been posted....but,
    Some time ago I lost my box with my CD-key for Halo. Is there any way to recover my CD-Key off the CD or am I screwed and I should purchase a new copy? And yes it is an origonal legit CD, THAT I BOUGHT!

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  3. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

Might I suggest you try http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html. It will show all the programs you have on your pc with the serial. Not sure if this will work on a pc game but has saved me from paying 2x for the same product (unreal tournament.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  4. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

thanks for the input guys. The belarc software did not reveal any serial or cd-key info. Oh well, i'll just use my brothers till I have the money for a new copy.

5. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Sorry that program didn't get the info you needed...let me do some investigating as I briefly ran another software (trial) period and retrieved a cd key for a game.

6. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Thanks for the effort your putting in to this Matt. It is greatly appriciated!!

7. Draous

Draous Guest

I'm having the EXACT same problem. I had bought Halo a couple months ago with a friend. And really enjoyed it for a while. But then it somehow got corrupted and I couldnt play, so I uninstalled it to reinstall it, just to realize I didnt have the cd-key. Recently (within the last week) I have rebooted my computer, and I was looking through my CDs for driver disks, and saw halo, but I still need a cd key, If someone knows of a program that CAN extract the a key from a disc, or knows if it's even possible, I and this guy ^, would be greatly appreciative.

8. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

I finally found the cd-key by a stroke of luck! Although I did have an interesting conversation with a microsoft tech. It seems it is possible to recieve a new Cd-Key from them, but it comes at a price! $10.00 bleep dollars!!! Even if you have the cd in your drive and you allow them to check it remotely they still want you to pay for it! What a crock of bleep!!! I can't believe that even with proof of a purchsed disk, they still want to charge you! What kind of corrupt corporate bleep is that! Boy am I glad I dont usually buy products from them, I just download pirated ones!!! DAMN THE MAN!!!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

They are performing a service, so shouldnt they be paid for.Its not there fault you lost your key. shouldnt you be taking responsibilty for your actions, rather than spouting this crap

I'm a bit dubious as to whether this was an original in the first place after your last outburst:

so this statement was boloney then:

which is it or cant you make your mind up.

[bold]At the end of the day it was your fault not theres!!!!!![/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
  10. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

now watkind of reject crap bleep is that .. 10 bucks ?! and wats next .. 20 BUCKS FOR THE PHONE CALL?! since u already pirate , u might as well get some P2P program to find u some Halo keys , i suggest Ares

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2005
  11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DanandJen

Let's mind the language from now on.

sasha1303

Same goes for you. You of all people should know to mind the forum rules.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  12. Draous

Draous Guest

Ya, I know I can get keys from anywhere, and I have before, but with an unoriginal key, you cant play online, it wont let you. Thats the only reason I want MY key, so I can play online, otherwise I would use a generated one.

13. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

why its Nephilim .. my "good" buddy .... im sure your very proud for banning me for calling some1 a hippie ..

14. Nephilim

Thanks for the attitude. You're gone again.

15. Draous

Draous Guest

nephilim, no offense, but that makes you sound like a 12 year old.

go ahead and ban me, i didnt get anything from these forums anyway.

16. Nephilim

Have it your way. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.