1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding audio

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by OttoD, Jun 13, 2003.

1. OttoD

OttoD Member

Alright I'm a little lost and quite frankly the guides are confusing the heck out of me. I'm converting a Divx encoded AVI to mpeg1 VCD. I get up to the point of running through TMPGEnc selecting the audio, but it doesn't select it automatically like its saying it should in the guide I'm reading. I looked at another and it said I should loadup virtualdub and extract the audio, but when I go to save wav it says I don't have a compressor, or something around those lines.

2. OttoD

OttoD Member

I think I found a solution, not quite sure so I may still need help. Using a separate program called Avi2wav.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What u needed for virtualdub was a codec and the reason why tmpgenc couldnt open the audio is it couldnt understand the compression without the codec!

4. OttoD

OttoD Member

Yea I figured that out AFTER I ripped the audio with avi2wav. I still don't know which codec I need though.

5. Dela

gspot will tell you what codec u need!

6. OttoD

OttoD Member

gspot?

7. Dela

ye gspot its a program and you can go to the software section and download it!! lol i know what you were thinking ;-)