1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding duplicate texts

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nsheep, Mar 10, 2005.

1. nsheep

nsheep Member

Dear all,

Programma om dubbele teksten te detecteren Niek Schaap 10-03-2005

I am looking for a software program that detects duplicate texts (lines, paragraphs, etc.) in documents (such as docs, pdf's en ppt's). Preferably the program should also be able to find these duplicate text parts across documents.
    Could anybody help me with this?
    Thank you very much.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Most Word Processors programs have this ability -- the Search engine in them will highlight whatever Text you are looking for in a document.

3. nsheep

nsheep Member

Thank you. That is right but the point is that normally one does not know which text is duplicate! So the software should check every piece of text (a sentence or a line) if it shows up somewhere else.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Think about it ! ~~smiles !

Do you realize that in your post the word "is" appears 4 times ! How would that software know this is not what you looking for ? then the word That , two times..but one with a capital T --~~How would it know if it is a sentence or a line like you say ...!

Am afraid computers still need human input !And that's good ! because i would be out of a job.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2005
  5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

nsheep

Most Microsoft Office programs have that feature, (Find,) and you can choose to match whole word only or case sensitive.

On another note, you should know that it is against forum rules to post your email address. Just a heads up before a Mod warns you of this. :)

6. nsheep

nsheep Member

Let me try to explain better. If I receive a document (or more) that need to be translated from French to Dutch (for example) then it would be very helpful if I could have a tool that shows me if there are texts (paragraphs, lines, sentences) that are duplicate (or even more) in the text. Obviously I do not know in advance for which texts to look for...
    That is the problem I am facing...