1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding it hard to get some certain files on a dvd-5 disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wells86, Apr 26, 2005.

1. wells86

wells86 Guest

just downloaded a game, and when I finished dowloading it i got a load of rar files and files named R30 files. I havnt got a clue on how to get them on a standard dvd-5 disc, this my first ever attempt of trying this so its only natural that i would have some difficulty. I would apreciate if someone told me to go in the right direction, someone who has burned these sort of files before.

thanks

scott

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you will need the app called winrar to open the first file which will extract the lot to your hard drive, then you can burn these files to disc with another app like nero maybe.

3. wells86

wells86 Guest

thanks for that rotary, but what about the R30 files. they arnt in rar format.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

they are part of it!

r1 to r30 are the files! you load the first rar or r and it will open them all on auto to your hard drive

5. wells86

wells86 Guest

ahhh, i see now. I cant believe I didnt realise that earlier. Was up late last night and the brain isnt functioning properly yet, lol. So once I extract all the files how do I burn it on disc, ive got nero ultra edition, so Will I burn it to be a data disc, or what would you suggest ?

cheers mate

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

extract and tell me what files / folders are inside?

7. wells86

wells86 Guest

after unzipping it, i have 1 file that is still a winrar archive, it also says iso.

8. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Don't extract that with WinRAR. You must have associated ISO files with WinRAR. Anyway, to burn it, open up Nero and click Burn Imaeg to Disk. Then when it asks for an Image file, open up the ISO file and let nero do it's thing.

9. wells86

wells86 Guest

thanks daemon404, looks likes it will be another late night of gaming for me.lol. just got it succesfully on disc. the game i downloaded by the way was midnight club 3 dub for the xbox, not a bad game, reminds of need for speed 2. I always enjoy anything by rockstar games.
    the help i got is well appreciated. If any of you have a chipped xbox id gladly tell you where to get some game downloads.

best wishes

scott

10. buttmunch

buttmunch Member

MOD EDIT: If you ever spam or try to recruit members with off topic posts again you'll be banned.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005