1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIRE FOX

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by rtrg, Apr 3, 2013.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Can FF be installed using any version of LINUX or UBUNTU? If yes how do I access it? From the download center, desktop icon, built in browser? Once installed can I move the icon from the MENU to the desktop? Open it from there and download all other programs including OPERA, SLIM BROWSER, and even IE8? Office suites, anti virus, email, ect? I tried ZORIN and FF WAS in the download center but came up "FF IS BROKEN". All advice welcome.

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

FF is currently broken on the latest version of ubuntu there working on it

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If repairing packages doesn't work you'll need to install from terminal then you should be fine & ff should work,the 1st link has instructions on repair & install however it best you uninstall the version you have first if repair fails

the second link on how to install ff only

http://www.zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1879

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/10/install-latest-firefox-16-in-ubuntu.html

edit: you can install chrome & opera the same way using what ever package repository for that respective browser it works better thru terminal than that browser picker garbage,obviously a reboot may be required after install

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

pretty hard to have an opinion when you have ditched FF over 19 months ago on the only ubuntu machine in the house for being way too heavy and refusing to run anything with flash without segfaulting.. and ubuntu still sucks (Scorp will laugh.. this lappy is still on 10.04 with a 2.6.4x kernel due to wireless disasters in the 3.x messes from anybody but arch or sabayon teams) ;)

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

yeah the v2.6 kernel is pretty stable,definitely a few issues with v3 alright tho zorin 6 uses v3 up to 3.6 & it runs pretty sweet but they introduced zorin 7 using v3.8 oh boy that was fun it lasted less than 2hrs before a reboot after installing this n that & ended up with no desktop..lol.. so i'll wait a bit before i try an updated version of 7,for now i'll stick to trusty ol' 6.3lts

6. cycoshas

cycoshas Newbie

Ubuntu comes inbuilt with Firefox