1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firefox 12

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Apr 26, 2012.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

As of today I broke down and installed FF 12. The reason was simple but not one I wanted to do. Version 3.6.28 worked fine except that FF kept displaying a constant and annoying reminder to UPGRADE. I did so unwillingly. The issue is that the HOME button is now on the right, but more dissapointing is that the FORWARD button is now gone on the home page. It only appears when at least 1 web page is opened, or "ONLY AS NEEDED". Is there any way to bring it back on the home page? In the alternative what was the last version that it WAS on the home page? If I install THAT version will FF still bug me to upgrade? Can that message be permanently deleted? This bugs me. I know people that are still using version 2.5 or even older with no complaints. Corporate america is really getting obnoxious. Solutions please.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Go to View, Toolbars, and Customize. You can move the Home Page button just about anywhere you want it.

As far as the Forward and Back buttons ... If you just opened your Home Page or whatever for the first time, there is NO forward or back to go to.

I suspect any version other than the latest will bug you to upgrade. Progress?? Your mileage will vary.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I discovered what you suggested on my own. There IS a forward and back button even on the home page. I moved it to the left next to the arrows where it belongs. The funny thing is my friend is using 3.6 and she is NOT bugged to upgrade. There is a small reminder on the bottom. "YOU ARE NOT USING THE LATEST VERSION". Nothing more. Odd to me. But 12 is now close enough to 3.6 it doesn't matter. I did notice though that when using the search bar the previous search is not repeated so you have to retype the entire previous search. Annoying but livable.