1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox Navigation bar troubles

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by diggum, Jan 20, 2012.

1. diggum

diggum Member

I'm not sure this is the right place to be asking this but I've found help no where else so far after spending lots of time prowling google.

I somehow let ask.com screw my pc over. It took over firefox and I have it almost removed except for one nagging little problem. The navigation bar's search function used to be set to google, now it just says invalid URL after removing ask. I know about going into keyword.url to change it back. It will work fine for that session, however, when I close the browser and open it again later, it's missing. Every single time I put it in it does this. I am using firefox v9, if anyone has any insight, I'd be very grateful.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I would suggest complete removal of Firefox. Clean registry. Reinstall Firefox.

This not hard to do; not like reinstalling the OS. Give it a try.

3. allanm1

allanm1 Member

I have to agree with rulisky, however you may want to try clearing out all your cookies CCleaner offers a great method for doing just that. After removing cookies you can also scan and clean the system registry

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. sincrim

sincrim Member

What I do sometimes is click Firefox tab > History > Clear History > Drop scroll to "Everything". It'll erase everything. So you'll have to retype you usernames and if you play FB games, it'll take out those buggy scenes.

5. diggum

diggum Member

This is what i did eventually do. I just wish I had been able to repair my old install out of pride. heh.

I routinely run CCleaner to fix my registry and clear out the accumulation of junk my browsers and OS piles on. I adore that program. It's made that chore so much easier though I notice it does not handle the TEMP folder.

I most certainly do not play facebook games.

Thanks for the help everyone and sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. I appreciate your suggestions!