1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware and DVD wont Burn Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TupacFan, May 22, 2007.

1. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

I have a pioneer DVD-RW DVR-kr16rs

I have successfully burned a few dvd's already but for some reason now my burner will burn anywhere from 70-75% of the game iso i am rying to burn.

I am using clonecd and it is an xbox game that is 4.85gigs. It has a IMAGE.000 file and IMAGE.dvd file. As i said it will only burn 70-75%

The other problem is that i cannot upgrade my firmware sadly. I found it on a website but i dont know how to use it.

This is what it looks like when i click it:
    [​IMG]

then when i click install i get this message:
    [​IMG]

as you can see i have no idea what to do for any of these problems maybe one of you guys can help.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

About the firmware here is what Pioneer says

You should download this tool to make sure you are using the proper firmware http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/CHKRW.EXE that will tell you your current firmware and drive model number.

Your other problem is pretty simple actually. You said your image is 4.85 GB's well I am guessing that you are using a single layer disk and if so then it will not hold 4.85GB's they will only hold about 4.38GB.

3. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

yeah i dont think that is the correct firmware that i have downloaded. I have looked everywhere for the firmware but have had no luck.

and about the burning problem someone suggested that it may not burn correctly because i am using +R DL when my burner only supports -R DL. But in DVDinfo pro it says i can burn both and i have already successfully burned one game last week onto a +R DL Someone also said i should th bitsetting but in dvdinfo pro it says my burner doesnt support bitsetting.

i read somewhere that i need to put my burner in dvd-rom format but when i clicked my computer it was set to dvd-ram or atleast thats what it showed up as.

4. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

i fixed it!

for anyone else with this problem, all i did was download imgburn and burn the game at 2.4 speed and i clicked on the .dvd file.

I have no idea why it worked but im not complaining.