1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware Hack...Legit Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Chex83, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chex83

Chex83 Member

Hello, yes I'm a noob to this forum, but I come in peace, I hope you do as well.

I seek advice and some help with a decision I want to make. I have searched for this answers, but I haven't found any help. My first question is regarding the firmware hack that allows you to play copied or burned games on the 360 console. I have 2 360's. One is an Elite console, and the other is Xenon console. My problem is this:

Q: Can I perform the firmware hack on my elite console? or do I need to use the Xenon console?

This question seems simple enough, but my Xenon console, based on my research here, needs a new DVD drive, because the console won't load games. So my second question is:

Q: If I need to use the older machine to perform the firmware hack, can I switch out the DVD drive with a true replacement, a Samsung for a Samsung, with out having to flash the drive?

Your help is much appreciated.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

Q: Can I perform the firmware hack on my elite console? or do I need to use the Xenon console?

If you had searched you would know that depends on the drive.. they can all be flashed.. there are hundreds of guides.

The drive isn't reading originals.. it has most likely suffered laser failure.. but that does not mean it's a worthless lump of junk.. it contains the dvd drive key which you can't replace if you happen to lose it.

Q: If I need to use the older machine to perform the firmware hack, can I switch out the DVD drive with a true replacement, a Samsung for a Samsung, with out having to flash the drive?

you would know again IF you had bothered reading the stickies in the 360 ↓↓↓↓↓↓ section that you can fit any drive in any 360.. as long as you have the correct drive key which matches the motherboard.

why do you think there is a "360" section?? oh yeah... to answer noob stuff which has been answered thousands (and I do mean THOUSANDS) of times before.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.