1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware Updating Problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by MaxLevel, Apr 26, 2005.

1. MaxLevel

MaxLevel Member

Hi there!
    I tried to update my firmware but when I did this a massage popped up saying that the download had failed and that Windows would have to be re-started. And then the system re-started automatically. This happend everytime I tried to update the firmware. I'm sort of freaking out! Do you guys have any idea?

My burner: Samsung TS-H552B Thanx a lot!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Hummm... looks like your comp might have some sort of bugz, or the firmware itself carried a bug with the update. <---- just a thought only though, perhaps I may be wrong.

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering some issues there. Well, I guess you'll need to give more details or be more specific. I've updated both of my Sony Dual Layer burner and Toshiba dvd rom in the past without any issue. Hopefully, someone will be able to cheer you up and fix your problem when the time arise.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Are you getting this download from Samsung's site? When you say a message came up that the download failed, do you mean when you try to flash (install) the firmware?

4. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Are you using sfdwin to load the firmware? I have the same drive and have no trouble with TS08 or any other of the ts firmwares.

5. MaxLevel

MaxLevel Member

@ johnnyd54: Yes , I used sfdwin.

@ squizzle: Yes, I got it from the samsung site. Okay, here is what I did: I downloaded the file from samsung, I read the instructions. Then I opened sfdwin. In sfdwin I opened the bin that came with the instruction file and the sfdwin.exe. Then I clicked on 'Start download'. The download started and after about 35%(just a guess) it stopped and a massage popped up saying that the download failed and windows would have to be re-started. Then my system did a re-start automatically.

6. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Did you try the ts07, tso8, or the new ts09 or possibly you might try the new ga04 gateway version that also was made for my emachine? Maybe a bad download-try again using a different version.

7. MaxLevel

MaxLevel Member

Yes I tried different versions. Same theme. Though, I don't know what the ga04 gateway version is and where I get it from.

8. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Go to the Firmware Page and under your model name you will find all the firmwares I mentioned. Mine came with GA02 and I went to TS06, TS07, and TS08. Did not like TS08 and went back to TS07. Then they came out with the gateway OEM GA04 which I am using now. Haven't tried TS09 but I will. Had good luck with all but the original GA02 and the TS08. Try them they work. good luck

9. MaxLevel

MaxLevel Member

Well, on the worldwide download site of samsung is no such thing as a GAxx version. However, I already tried TS07, TS08 and TS09 but experienced the same problem with all of them. So trying different version doesn't seem to head anywhere. But thank you anyways!

10. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

The GA04 is a legitimate version for the ts-552b. I was sent this version by my computer manufacturer E-machines. It was made for ts-552b gateway oems and others. You have nothing but time to lose by trying it. WTH

11. MaxLevel

MaxLevel Member

You don't get it, do you?! My system already crashed dozends of times by trying to update this damned firmware. Trying different versions brought me nothing but a few system break downs more. I tried 6 of nine versions - this is not a solution. The version is not the problem. Well, looks like I would have to live with this unsolved problem. The "But thank you anyways" at the end of my last post wasn't meant ironic or something. I appretiate your help but I don't appretiate you giving me the attitude.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  12. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Just trying to help. There was no attitude but you can bet I am done trying to help. Gone