1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIRMWARE?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smg, Apr 24, 2003.

1. smg

smg Regular member

Where do I go to get firmware for my burner (Pioneer A05 burner)? And how do I install it? I have read I should have 1.3 firmware. How do I know if my burner already has it or if I need to get it? Are any of the earlier firmwares (again I haven't a clue what firmware is or where to get it or how to install it) better than the 1.3 version? And if one of them is better, where would I get it (say a 1.1 or 1.2)?
    Also, do I need any other firmware for anything else? I am using Pioneer A05 burner with DVDDecrypter with RecordNowMax on a Win XP Home OS.

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

OK, looks like you are new.

I took about 30 seconds looking for it. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...Support/SelfHelpForIndDet/1,1457,1356,00.html

Please don't take this the worng way, but spend some time reading, searching, and doing your homework. I spent about 6 hours reading before I burned my first disc, and then made some trial and error mistakes before I figured out what worked for me.

Get some DVD-RW's so you don't make coasters, and experiment. No online forum is going to be able to show you everything. But with some self knowledge and some self determination you can do it. When you run into a roadblock; then come back here for help.

Happy burning!

3. smg

smg Regular member

Oh I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to ask any questions first. I thought this was for newbies? I have read alot in here, but didnt want to do that flashing thing on my burner as I have read somewhere it can screw up your burner. What if whoever is doing it on Pioneers end isnt paying careful attention, etc. Thats why I wanted to do it a more careful way. I'm not rich and cannot afford to make coasters all day. I ask when I can't find it by reading. Or don't understand. As far as self determination, I self taught myself auto-mechanics and piano. So I don't think I have to worry about that.

4. smg

smg Regular member

Sorry. didn't mean to come off on you like that. It's that I have had to deal with alot of smartasses on the net with their condescending attitudes.