1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first burn!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by anoneros, Sep 15, 2004.

1. anoneros

anoneros Member

hi all. this is my first post and i want to say that this is the greatest site i've found so far for information on dvd backup! reading some of the guides and using dvd decrypter and dvdshrink i had no problem making a backup of disk one of the bbc comdey "the office". not bad for a raw newbie, huh?

this disk has only one language track, one subtitle track and six half-hour episodes, plus a few other small bits.

i didn't do any compression and spread the backup across two 4.3mb dvds with three episodes each.

when i play the disk i can skip forward within a title but when i reach the last chapter of a title i can't skip forward to the next title, something i didn't expect. i have to watch the last chapter (the credits in this case) before it automatically starts playing the next title. just something i didn't expect.

i want to try this again but include the main menu on each of the two backups so i can navigate to any of the three episodes on a disk. i downloaded and read the guide on ifoedit v.95 but i still don't understand how to get the menu over. and i don't understand why i have to convert to mpeg-2 before doing anything. i thought i'd be able to just use the ripped vob files. can someone help shed some light on this for me?

thx!

2. gorangel

gorangel Guest

anoneros, ifoedit opens your ripped files , just look for the ifo or bup files inside your VIDEO_TS folder.
    Just a suggestion: IFOedit is not easy to use (for newbies like me) so why donĀ“t you try DVDremake?