1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Burn...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by XeroRspct, Feb 28, 2005.

1. XeroRspct

XeroRspct Member

Hey All!

I want to thank everyone who puts their great advice, and time into this website and forum. I had been debating on trying backing up DVD's for the longest time concerned that I would throw away a bunch of $$$ on "coasters" as you all so eloquently put it. I recently purchased the HP 640I DVD burner with LightScribe. Now I know HP isn't the greatest burner, but for $99 I couldn't pass up the new LightScribe feature. I tried a CD-R at first to check out the new LightScribe feature, and it is pretty sweet. Way better than chicken scratch sharpies! I ordered some TY DVD-R's online (by the recommendation of many of you) seeing that they aren't available anywhere around here (Michigan) that I know of. However I was too eager to try my first backup, so I went out and bought a 5-Pack of Memorex DVD+RW's for $7 just to play with Decrypter and Shrink. Well, to my amazement (and many thanks to ScubaPete's guide) my first burn actually worked. I have a Sony DVPNS-715P (which the manual said it wouldn't play +RW's however forum said otherwise) and the movie played perfectly. I was a little concerend about the Memorex disks being "poor" quality media, but it worked on the very first go! I can't thank aD enough and all of those who participate in this forum! I hope that I can be as helpful in the future as you all are! Many thanks and happy burning!

Xero

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Really glad to hear you got it down on the first try!

-ScubaPete's- help and info is always the greatest.

Hope to see you around helping others with your new found knowledge and expeirience.

Later skater.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  3. trublue01

trublue01 Member

yea i was having a 50/50 success rate at burning. after followin scuba petes step-by-step instructions i have had only 1 coaster and thats cause i left and the computer went into sleep mode.

thanks guys