1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first dbox no remote

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by focous, Mar 20, 2007.

1. focous

focous Member

Hi everyone finally got my first dbox, it boots up with something called don and then Neutrino and then it says error can not find channels and thats as far as i can go.Is there any other checks that i can do to see if it`s working ok with out a remote?it is a nokia with a 600l and gtx chip set with two intel flash chips if this helps.Failing that has anyone got a spare remote that they would like to sell?I paid £45 but i am not expecting miracles it would be nice to get it running if not at least it`s not the end of the world.Thanks for your help

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you know the IP of the box you can use the web interface http://ip-of-the-box
    Box and pc must be connected via a crossover network cable and the IP of the PC network must be set to a fixed IP in the same numbering range. Last number must be different.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  3. focous

focous Member

No idea mate had it for a few hours and just switched it on to see if it would switch on

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Check if the IP is presented at the TV screen during boot up.

5. focous

focous Member

Thanks mate as soon as i can i will connect it and let you no what it says i have a null cable that i used to flash my starview but would you please run through the second part again.Sorry to be a pain but as far as db are concerned i am a total newbee

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You need a network connection to the box via crossover network cable or a hub/switch/router for using the web interface.

7. focous

focous Member

Thanks will sort it and let you no