1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First generation starview box.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by scunny, Dec 12, 2007.

1. scunny

scunny Member

Hello, I've had my starview box for a year now and I'm fed up of constantly looking for code changes.The seller is adamant he doesn't sell clones and insists I have a first gen box.After loking at various threads it looks more like a copy. It has 7 rows of 18 slots on top and is running on 2.57e_E. Boot version 7.0. I've just put in new N** codes from here in and it's working again. Is there any software I can install so it automaticaly updates or is it codes forever? I bought a friend a The box starview from same place and his updates and runs fine.
    Anyone??

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Version 4 is fine for a 1st gen box, but if you want to play safe then use the 2.57eE fixed firmware.

You will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F.

Null modem info here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter info here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu...apter&doy=12m12

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

All firmware/loader can be found in the link at the end of my post marked Eamos FTA Library.

You will need the GTromloader Version 4, (Starview Software Uploader), found in the Starview software folder of the link.

You will need version 2.57eE Fixed firmware found in the Starview firmware folder.

And please download the Starview PDF guide, this will give you step by step instructions on how to do everything.This can be found in the Starview Documentation folder in the link.

3. scunny

scunny Member

Thanks for reply and all previous help.I think I will play safe and download the 2.57e_E Fixed firmware. You say it's all at the end of your post Eamos FTA Library, but being a bit thick I can't seem to find it. Please point me in right direction or re-post in this thread if possible.
    Thanks and great site.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Just look at the end of my post where it says Eamos FTA Library, and follow the directions I have given you all you need is there, any problems just shout.

5. scunny

scunny Member

Sorry to sound so thick but where exactly is your thread?

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

7. scunny

scunny Member

Thanks, I have a friend who is computer literate and a lead so I will get him to load later.

8. scunny

scunny Member

Downloaded file but my computer won't open it and it asks to pick from a list what to open with.Any ideas?

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You need to download the Gtromloader Version 4 first and the the 2.57eE firmware as the loader is required to download the file. Better let your friend do it :)

10. scunny

scunny Member

On his way right now.
    Cheers

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Any problems just shout.

12. scunny

scunny Member

You're a star, thanks a lot, took him all of 5 mins to do.Keep up the good work, hopefully i wont have to bug you again.

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Youre welcome and yes it does only take a few minutes and no more looking for codes again :)