1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Modded Xbox Configuration

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by derickih, Jan 2, 2005.

1. derickih

derickih Member

What configuration would you think that is better for the first modded xbox?

What chip and HD?

Can I buy like a 25gb upgrade now, and if I need more i could upgrade to bigger without losing my 25 and withou messing my xbox Live??

I don't have money to buy original games, would I (no experiences) be able to burn my own cds?
    Thank you for the answear

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I'd say [bold]Xenium[/bold]
    worry about installing and flashing the chip with a bios 1st.
    2nd, install a dashboard like evox or avalaunch.
    3rd, network your xbox to your computer with FlashFXP.

If you can accomplish that, then get started on installing a larger HDD.

25gb Hard drive is a waste of time and effort.They don't even sell those in large quanities anymore so you'll pay way too much for it.Even if you have one lying around your not going to be able to backup much.
    I think your confusing HDD space with Ram.You can't upgrade the space available on your HDD.You would have to get a whole new HDD.Unless you do an extreme case mod where you fit more then one harddrive into your xbox.
    As for xbox live, once you open that case and modify your box you run the risk of being banned on xbox live.
    You can change out everything(HDD,flash new eeprom,setup new live account and make sure your chip isn't running while using the MS bios and dash and still get banned).Your only guarantee is to not modify it or have a seperate unmodded box you use for Live.
    You know that xbox games are on dvd right?
    You can download games from the net if you know where to look.You can also copy games on to the xbox hdd from the xbox dvdrom drive.Once you have it on the HDD you can play it from the HDD without a disc.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Technically, it's not a dvd. Xbox game discs don't follow dvd standards. You make a good point though. The average xbox game won't fit a standard cd.

4. derickih

derickih Member

Thank you alot for your suppor and attention,
    like, im thinking about buying an original x box, and than send to http://shop.system-mods.com/ mode it with the Xcuter 2.6 or 3(any suggestions? is there a big diference between they?) than i would take a 80Gb upgrade HD, what is HDD? isnt it hard drive? space to put stuff in it?

Anyway, making this, i`d still have to install stuff?? or i`d be ready to copy games to my HD, run backup games, watch dvds....??
    Thx again for supporting :D

5. Curryjl

Curryjl Member

where do u download games at i havent been able to find a site yet im not to new at the modding thing but ive just started ive read alot i know how to make backup copies of games but dont know where to download them

6. BR7

BR7 Regular member

You will have to flash your BIOS, system-mods will not flash the BIOS with anything other than the Cromwell Bios. So you'll have to check the "usual places" for BIOS versions for the chip you ordered. I cannot remember the web site off hand that tells you how to go about getting BIOS, and I'm not sure if thats against the forum rules (mod help), so if they say its ok, ill post it.

Then you'll have to install some sort of dashboard (EvoX, AvaLaunch, etc), before you can play your backed up games on HDD (yes hard drive) or DVDs.

As for your Xecuter 2.6 or 3 chip, go with the 3. But the more I read about the Xenium OS, I think its a better chip.

7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I'm referring to the actual writable disc(DVD-R or DVD+R)
    and it is a DVD.

8. Curryjl

Curryjl Member

try looking for xbins for the bios use xchat if u have any questions just ask