1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by workshy, Sep 8, 2004.

1. workshy

workshy Guest

I am trying to burn my first movie and I've already got through a pile of discs. The movie has already been burnt before and I'm trying to copy it. I've been using DVD Shrink and Nero 6.3. Shrink copies the files OK but Nero get halfway through the burn and fails. If I copy the files to my HD how do I burn the with Nero? as it displays a warning about the file type if I try to do a straight burn. I am using a Philips DVDRW824P with the latest firmware, I have tried using both unbranded and verbatim discs. I have also tried to do an image with alcohol 120% but that also fails

2. datageek

datageek Member

You didn't mention if you had a dvd rom, but you can just copy the disc in shrink - straight across. But usually copying from a "burned" disc the quality might not be there.

If you are using Nero, just copy disc and not go through the extra step of writing to the HD (same for shrink)

good luck

3. workshy

workshy Guest

I have tried copying via a disc image using Nero but when it comes to burning it gets to about 25% and then says that there is an error and it stops. Can I use DVD Decrypter to burn it??? I am trying to copy from a copy (if you see what I mean)

4. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi workshy,
    You can make an iso image file using decrypter and burn it back to dvd-r using decrypter again,
    Hope this helps,And i hope it's not piracy we are talking about ;-}

5. workshy

workshy Guest

No
    I was given a home movie on DVD we wanted a copy of our own

Thanks for all your help