1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First pc build

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 98robew, Jan 23, 2007.

1. 98robew

98robew Member

Ok another first pc build guys and i would appreciate any suggestions and opinions

PROCESSOR Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz - Skt775 Fsb1066 4mb Cache Boxed

CASE - Antec P180 Black SPCR Advanced Super Mid Tower - No PSU
    OR Antec Nine Hundred - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan - No PSU

RAM - corsair xms2 2gb 240pinddr2 800 pc2 6400

PSU - OCZ game xstream 700w 100-240v atx

MOB - Asus P5b Deluxe wifi ap Lga775 Core 2 Duo P965 Fsb1066 8gb DDR2 Sata Dual Gigabit Lan Wifi Audio Firewire ATX

HD - Seagate 400GB 7200.10 Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM

GRAPHICS - EVGA 8800GTS 640MB DDR3 320bit Dual DVI PCI-E

MONITOR - not sure yet probaly a 22 lcd any suggestions

SOUND CARD - not sure any suggestions

Optical Drives - any suggestions

thx for any help

2. UrDady

UrDady Guest

about the case i think go with the nine it got alot of fans if u want to overclock and it got sided window and blue lights and stuff thats what am getting
    peace

3. UrDady

UrDady Guest

and yeah compusa has it for 79.99 after 35 instant saving and 25 mail inrebate which i think and some of the people on afterdawn is a killer deal peace

4. gumbowie

gumbowie Regular member

are u gamer or is it just for normel use

5. steimy

steimy Active member

looks like it would make a good system that will handle games and such.
    I personally went with a Gigabyte case as they are tooless design and easy to use, and have 2 of the 120MM fans (one blue LED) and a changable side so it can be black mesh or see through.
    But the 900 is a nice looking case too. Unless you have a top notch surround sound system hooked to this then you will not need a sound card. I am running about the same audio drivers from Realtek through a Logitec X-540 surround sound and it sounds great with games.
    optical drives, depends on what you are doing. I like the BenQ myself. NEC and Pioneer also make good drives. And for Xbox 360 gamers who plan to mod the 360 then a Samsung (only found on Ebay) optical drive is a must have.

Overall that system will not dissapoint you. Just make sure you shop around on pricing from places like Newegg.comm or Tigerdirect.com