1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First problem using Decrypter and Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alee1220, Mar 31, 2005.

1. alee1220

alee1220 Member

Used Decrypter and Shrink to backup "Shall We Dance". The Shrink file plays okay on my computer, but when I burn it to a DVD, the DVD doesn't even boot. First time I've had this problem. Any ideas?

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

You say the Shrink file plays ok but does the burned dvd play on your computer? What type of media? Burn speed?

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 gave successful results for me and others have been equally suddesful with DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I suggest you check your burning program settings.

4. alee1220

alee1220 Member

The burned DVD does not play on my computer or on a regular DVD player. I have used these programs many times and never had this problem before. Also have used the burning program InterVideo DVDCopy successfully often before, also the same media (TDK). It is this one movie that has me stymied.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a disc problem - sometimes you get a few bad ones in the spindle. It's happened to me before. The lovely Memorex I tried once didn't boot either if they were bad. Pull the file back up through Shrink and try again with another disc.

6. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Just like binkie7 said this can happen. I had no problem with this movie, it worked with several programs