1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time AnyDVD and CloneDVD user; also DVD-RB discussions within

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by trotsky77, Jun 14, 2008.

1. trotsky77

trotsky77 Regular member

OK, this disc also has issues on a computer. I now looked at the disc itself and there is a circle type mark on it. I believe it is either a defect on the media or it happened during the burn. Maybe this is a rare issue and there is nothing to worry about, except the white specks which I can tolerate for now. I just don't want to have to go through and burn a ton of discs yet again.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Nooooooooooooo... you're jinxed, let's hope it's not catching :)

All i can suggest for now is a CRC scan or two, and see if you can borrow a.n.other burner. Can't remember if you tried different pc's (ie if the burner(s) could be completely ruled out, or even whether they are IDE or SATA or USB. What i'm getting at is have we ruled out the IDE connection(s) on the motherboard. Sorry, haven't got time to re-read the thread from the start, am off out now so will have to check back later on.

3. trotsky77

trotsky77 Regular member

Yeah, I have tried different laptops and different burners already. I am pretty surprised there was an issue with Yaiyo Yuden media using a Plextor burner. This is the first time I can say the disc was damaged though. I am pretty confident this is different than my previous issues. I just wonder what would cause a circle of discoloration on the disc itself (before or during the burn I am not sure).