1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bob161283, Mar 23, 2005.

1. bob161283

bob161283 Guest

This is my first time backing up my DVD. I just got a new computer with a DVD writer. Anyway I just finished decrypting the DVD and now I am trying to copy on to a disk. When I go to select the File to copy, there isn't one with .DVD. This may be a Newb question but im as N00B as they come. Thanks for your help in advance

2. sadsac

sadsac Guest

There are no files with a ".dvd" extension. They are either .ifo, .bup, or .vob. There may be one more. And if you decrypt in ISO mode, you'll have one huge .iso file.

What program did you use to decrypt? If it was DVD decrypter, what mode was it set to? File, ISO, etc.?

And you should try using DVD shrink to back up your files you decrypted. I guess you could just use NERO or some other burning ROM, but to be sure you get the dvd structure correct, you'd better use DVD shrink or some other dvd backup software.

3. bob161283

bob161283 Guest

Thanks for replying, Im using DVD shrink as we speek. I think this will work. Once again thanks for you help!

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Check out the guide on a member named bbmayo. His website is a world of information and the guides he writes are top of the line!

Wish I knew how he writes them.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member