1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first timer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by nettrixx, Jun 5, 2004.

1. nettrixx

nettrixx Member

ok ,, i put an xbit modchip in my xbox,, but despite reading the xbit tutorial on flashing the bios of the chip,, im not sure the rite way to do that.. ive tried to flash it with evox m7 but it always starts with more than 256k,, like 262 or sumthing.. and then when i go to verify it never matches,,, also,, i dont understand the bios switch/select schematic,, and im not sure which slot of the 1-6 or which box within those slots to put the bios!!!! Excuse my dumminess, but im totally new to xbox stuff. so basically i need a real step by step walkthru of the whole XBIT bios flashing procedure... oh and btw im not even sure if just having this chip alone, {once flashed correctly}, is enuf to play my backups of my originals.. Please somebody help,, respectfully yours,, Dazed and Confused,, ;-) P

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

yeah, the chip is all you need to play your backups. And the 262k bios size you see is normal. They usually read as something like 262,144 bytes. Thats a 256k bios. And put it on whichever bank you'd like. I don't know the xbit setup (as far as bank booting and config) but I'd assume the default bank is bank 1. So flash that bank with your most regularly used bios.