1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fitting 1 movie on 1 CD-r

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jmet, Nov 14, 2002.

1. jmet

jmet Regular member

Is there a way to reduce the file size of a VCD/Mpeg so that it may fit on 1 CD-R ?

2. Swinger

Swinger Guest

Yeah, if you're using DVDX, then make the Resolution and/or video bitrate smaller and it makes the file size smaller. Most of the time when I burn a movie to disk the video bitrate is around 700-800. You just have to play with it and get the size below 700mb. Good Luck!

3. immanuel

immanuel Member

listen up! this is very handy, I download a 700 MB avi movie, converts it with TMPGenc, and then I burn It on 900MB cd's and watch it in almost dvd-quality onmu dvd player...swoooop, and there ya go! one movie on 1 cd...this is ofcourse you know of a place they have 900 MB cd's...

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You can drop the birate of your vcd from 1150 or the audio from 224 and convert it as Non Standard vcd and it will be smaller in size. If you need a more detailed explanation, just ask!