1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting a hard drive into a Nokia DBox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by 526065, Jun 8, 2007.

1. 526065

526065 Member

Is there a noddy guide (in English) on how to fit a hard drive to a Nokia DBox2 anywhere?

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

3. 00sully

00sully Member

I followed that guide today - it is pretty useful even tho hallnberg.com are sending out a different connection type than is in that guide now. it still applies tho except for the part where you have to "snip the nipples" just skip that part as the connection stands up straight (you'll see what i mean when you follow the guide!)

The other question is how to then set up the hd to be recognised by the dbox2. I had to flash commando 8.2 onto the box to load the ide drivers and format the drive. here --> http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=125604

after that i reflashed sportster image i had backed up to retrieve my settings etc...

Now after much ado - i cannot get recording to work - commando created a directory in the root called "HDD" which i have set up in sportster to be the recording home directory however recording does not work - "directory does not have write permission" even after i set it to 777 for all users.

anyone have a guide setting up recording for sportster 1.10?

cheers,

sully.