1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting an unlocked hard drive...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dracven, Mar 7, 2007.

1. dracven

dracven Member

Hi there,

I've searched the forums and can't find an answer to this, forgive me if the answer is already somewhere.

I recently bought an unlocked hard drive for the xbox with a whole heap of emulators and stuff on it preinstalled with executor 6 or something.

My question is, if I just replace the current hard drive with this one will it work or will I still have to softmod the system as well?

thanks guys n gals.

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

if you have a hard mod, it might work, but i am pretty sure the drive has to be locked to put it in, the only way i think you can just swap hdd's is when you have a virgin hdd. i would just copy the emulators and shit to a computer, softmod your xbox and then just ftp all of the goodies over to your xbox.

3. dracven

dracven Member

Ah I think my understanding of how the xbox works is naf then. I thought by swapping that it would mod it without me doing anything with software or chipping. How would you lock a hard drive?

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

well it all depends, is the hdd you are using a bigger hdd?? like 250gb or something along those lines.

5. dracven

dracven Member

That's a good question, I bought it off Ebay advertised as an unlocked Xbox drive with Executor 6 and Mame and Mame games built in.