1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting DIvX files on 700MB CD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by kata1, Jun 28, 2003.

1. kata1

kata1 Guest

I tried hard to find answer for this question on forum, but without success. Is it possible to compress DivX file, which is at the moment 750MB, to fit it on 1 CD, or is it better, qualitywise, to cut it in two and fit it on two CD's?
    Same question for .mpg file of 800MB?
    Thanks for your time and patience.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. kata1

kata1 Guest

thanks for this one too! :)

4. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

although a normal 700Mb CD says its 700 its can actually fit on about 735Mb on a single disc however ansd especially for films this should be done with a low write speed prefereably 8x or under. you film is 750 you can either cut out the cast at the end and the tedious beginnings by using vdub this will shorten it down
    or jus use 800Mb dics they are cheap
    http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Don't buy a load of 800MB CD's until you cheak your drive supports them. If it does make sure overburn is selected in the burning software menu.

Chris

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Wouldnt it be simpler/better just to completely separate the two parts? i.e., have each part viewable independtly of the other?

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Probably, but i never wathc it straight from my CD drive, so i prefer to patch it back up and then watch it from the hdd. DivX Splitter only allows me to do it this way (ther version i have anyway, dont know about new ones)

8. kata1

kata1 Guest

Thanks gusy for trying to help. Well, I tried with 800mb disk other day( before I post this question) - followed instructions in help file of my nero v. 5.5.9.14 bundle for burning it, checked that my cd writer CAN do that (yes it says that it can)and still it gives me message saying that file is to large for disk?! I don't know what I,m doing wrong :(
    BTW - yes, for some files I used VirDub to cut it bit short, but for some it is just not enough...

9. kata1

kata1 Guest

...sorry-typing error- wanted to type 'Thanks guys...'