1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fitting large movie files onto dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mcdkev, Sep 12, 2004.

1. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

Hi there, Im new to the whole burning movies to dvd thing and Im wondering if anybody out there can help me. Im using a Macintosh G4 powerbook with superdrive and toast 6.07. Is it possible to fit my large avi or mpg movie files I download onto a dvd-r for use in a dvd player? Currently Im having to split large movies (the ones that will not fit on one 4.7gb dvd-r) into 2 discs, is it possible to "shrink" them so they will fit to one disc? if so what software do I need (remember Im a mac user) or do I have to face the fact that I will just have to split all the movies to 2 discs. Please treat me like an idiot when using jargon etc as you may loose me!

Any help would be much appreiated.

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

3. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

I have looked in there but I can't find any help, there is another mac user asking the same question with no reply. Im not wanting to do anything fancy and not overly worried about loss of quality, I just want to fit my downloaded movies onto 1 dvd-r. Please help, I know its probably quite a rookie question to you expierienced users but as I said I am new to it all.

Thanks.

4. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

There is a great program much like DVD Shrink and it is available for Macs. It is called DVD2one. You've probably heard about it. Anyway, you can download it from the following site:

DVD2one
    http://www.dvd2one.com

Feel free to post if you have any problems.

Hope this helps!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  5. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

Thanks for the help, I have visited the website but Im not sure if this will work for AVI/mpg files etc as Im not wanting to rip DVD's. Im a little worried about putting my hand in my pocket to find out this does not do what I want. Are you confident this will do the trick?

Thanks for the help so far.

6. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member