1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fitting more songs on a cd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bumr055, May 18, 2007.

1. bumr055

bumr055 Member

hi, i haven't burned any CDs in awhile because i don't like how I can hardly fit 20 songs on one. I just want to know if there is a way to get more songs on one, or if some cd players can play data disks with mp3s on it and how to tell if it would.

Thanks!

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Some new CD and DVD players can play MP3 audio files on CD-R discs. So can some new car stereo players. This means hours of music on a single CD-R disc even at rates above 128kbps for better sound quality. Check the manuals for prospective players. You can often download the manuals as pdf files from the Internet. The descriptions on the packaging in stores are often very poor in explaining the features of the contents, and the sales people are too often clueless. (Circuit City fired their oldest, most experienced sales people to save money with newer personnel at less pay. The result: sales dropped. It appears even management is clueless.)