1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fixing backups

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mwahahaha, Aug 24, 2004.

1. mwahahaha

mwahahaha Guest

Awhile ago i made a backup of warcraft 3 roc & tft. Recently i damaged my originals so i went to get my backup copies. I tried running them but it said that there was no disc in the drive so i must've burned the backups the wrong way. Is there anyway to burn them again the right way?

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

IF the backups wont work, and if the origanls are ruined then theres no way to make a copy. The disks use Securom protections so youll need a writer that can gather DPM. But either way youll need a original copy of the disk.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

yes there is a way to make another backup m8 :) Make a "true image" of the SecuROM 4.x protected cd using Blindwrite reading sub-q channel data at 4x. After doing this now create a BWA file, then tuck that BWA file in the folder where you saved the image of Warcraft 3:Frozen throne. Burn the image with write settings at 4x and select DAO pw.

4. 2005

2005 Regular member

he doesnt have the original, and the backup will not give the correct DPM info he needs.

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You don't need the original to make a working backup ! I've made several working backups of backups (SecuROM) m8. DPM has nothing to do with making a working backup of SecuROM anyways. Follow my instructions and learn how to make a backup of a backup of SecuROM 4.8.x :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3200+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR 400)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2004
  6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

7. mwahahaha

mwahahaha Guest

thanks ill try it now

8. mwahahaha

mwahahaha Guest

I tried making another backup using the steps you said but it didn't work. I think its because the backup i made earlier was burned the wrong way so any backup made of the original backup would turn out the same way.

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Ok, be honest with m8. Do you have backups of Warcraft: The Frozen Throne labeled "install disc" and another labeled "play disc"? I don't recall how many cd's there are to Warcraft but if it's one, then you should have two backups labeled "install disc and play disc." it is SecuROM 4.84 cd protected and you "should" easily be able to make a working backup of a backup. :
    [​IMG]

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3200+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR 400)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2004
  10. 2005

2005 Regular member

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Why would anyone wan't a backup that is "software dependent" 2005? I stated earlier that many people have made working backups of SecuROM 4.83-4.85 with Blindwrite Suite 4.25 and 4.57. I'm living proof it works :)