1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing overscan and blur through service mode on a Sony TV.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Alexand3r, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Alexand3r

Alexand3r Member

So I've got a Sony Trinitron KV-34HS510 TV that I picked up for free a while back. Apparently the thing was broken before but the guy soldered in some 16-pin thing that was broken with a new one and now it works again. Problem is, there's a bit of overscan in the picture, horizontal lines don't go straight through the screen, and there's some RGB colour split around the sides of the screen.

Okay, so after living with these problems for a bit I decided that maybe in the process of replacing the broken parts had bumped a value in the TV's firmware or something, so I jumped into service mode and did a reset of the TV. Problem. Now the colour split around the edges got WORSE and the entire image looks blurry!

Help? Anyone know any service mode values I can mess with to help correct the image?

Pictures included at this imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/xPDIz

2. Alexand3r

Alexand3r Member

Bamp. Got the overscan and straight lines problem fixed by meddling with the firmware, adjusting image size, position, and pincushion.

But the problem of the colour split around the edges still exists, and it seems to be a problem with the image output itself, and not a physical hardware issue. I made the image very small just for a test, and the blur still occured around the edge of the image output, so I bet there's another value lying in the hundreds of service mode values that I could mess with. I'm just not very familiar with the labels, though, so it's kind of sketchy.