1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLAC archive to hard drive

Discussion in 'Audio' started by g725s, Jul 10, 2010.

1. g725s

g725s Member

Thanks for the letting me know about moving the FLAC files from drive to drive and not need to edit the CUE or Tagging. That is good to hear.

How exactly does the CUE point to the FLAC files even if they are on a different source drive? It must be a combo of both the CUE and Tagging? I still need to read up on CUE's and Tagging.

I've also heard the Burrn is a very good burning program that is one of the few that makes use of your drives Write Offset. I downloaded it a few days back. When I get time I'll look into that one and see how it differs from converting the FLAC back to WAV with FLAC Frontend and just burning with EAC. I think though that Burrn can only use the CUE with Image, and I've saved my FLAC as Tracks and Noncompliant CUE.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

3. Mez

Mez Active member

EAC and dbpoweramp are the to best rippers. One drawback of EAC is it uses a user maintained metadata database. There is no quality control and some users can be very stupid. It is harder to use and can be slower. But if done right both will deliver a perfect audio copy.

I am relieved to hear the freedb is more complete than it used to be. I stopped paying for dbpoweramp because I do not rip enough to warrant the subscription. However, it is still working. I don't know it it is a mistake or after so many years of paying in they don't cancel your subscription. Before I figured that out I did rip a few moderately rare CDs and they were all in freedb.