1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Flash Cart/Homebrew Options For 3DS 7.2.0-17U

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by cheez_cs, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheez_cs

cheez_cs Regular member

Been a while since I've logged into here!

I received an early Christmas gift, a 3DS. It came with 7.2.0-17U and I'm exploring my options. I haven't been in the DS modding scene since my Acekard 2i, so I've been trying to get up to date. My main goal is to be able to play DS ROMs and run homebrew/emulators. Playing 3DS ROMs would be a plus, but not required.

Here's what I understand so far. Gateway 3DS will allow you to play 3DS ROMs and use emuNAND but only on 4.5 or lower, soon to support 9.0 - 9.2. emuNAND allows you to load a NAND from your SD card so you can temporarily go to a higher system version and access the store, ect. I have saw mixed things during my research, but from my understanding the new Gateway update will allow only 9.0 - 9.2 and will not support lower versions. Lower versions may be supported at a later date. There are currently no games that hold a 9.0 update so there is currently no way for me to upgrade to that specific version.

I have saw where soon the homebrew channel exploit will be available using Cubic Ninja, and it will support the system version I am currently on.

Here is my question. What path is best for me? Should I wait and see if Gateway supports my firmware? Should I buy Cubic Ninja and attempt that exploit? Or is there a Flash Cart available that supports my system version and suits my needs? All input is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.