1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash disk problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by kshep92, Apr 8, 2007.

1. kshep92

kshep92 Regular member

I had files on my flash disk and I did a bad copy/paste operation on it while using uLaunchelf on my PS2. The files that were there are still there, but "invisible" (they occupy space but I can't see/access them in any way, not even in command prompt). How do I recover these files?

2. onya

onya Guest

The info that's on the flash drive is most likely corrupted, and as you say "un-readable". Consequently, in my experience, the data is lost for all time. I love the convenience of these drives, but I trust them NOT. During their life span, theres no indication when these little darlings will curl up their toes. Once bitten etc...

Lucky the prices have plummeted in recent years...A 4gig now costs less than $100AUD.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

format it and keep going. from now, just keep backups on a separate flash drive, on your PC, etc etc.

4. kshep92

kshep92 Regular member

So many game saves... so much time invested... nah I can't lose those things. I'll spend one more week looking for a good program to do the work then i'll call it quits.

5. ireland

ireland Active member

use scan disk and see if that helps

insert ye flash drive
    click my computer
    right click on ye flash drive
    properties
    tools
    error checking (this option will check the volume for errors)
    click,click now!

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i've seen a lot of recovery programs out there for hard drives, but never anything for flash drives. good luck to ya.

7. kshep92

kshep92 Regular member

Thanks for the help guys, I found a program to recover the files, it's called OnTrack EasyRecovery Professional - worked like a charm. Thanks again for the help.