1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash Video Conversion?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by hallv5, May 1, 2006.

1. hallv5

hallv5 Member

Is it possible to convert flash video files to another format?

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

3. hallv5

hallv5 Member

Ok, I guess I'll ask the obvious question. How and what software would you recommend? Keeping in mind that free is best...

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well there are freeware flv converter apps. Most I think are using ffmpeg and therefor only support flv files containing Sorenson Spark. Think Super may support VP62. Otherwise Gabest's flv splitter supports VP62 and even includes a working decoder. So AVISynth with directshow source or anything else that supports dshow input should work.

5. DrkLegend

DrkLegend Member

how about conversion of files like mp3 to swf. does anyone know some good software that will do this? (free software if available)

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I would use Flash. Not free but a 30 day demo is available I think. Basically just import, drop on the timeline and export. Can't see too much point of just an mp3 in a swf file though.

Your question has nothing to do with the OP's. Next time you might want to start a new thread.

7. abelz22

abelz22 Guest

Of course.flash can convert to another format,and video can convert to another format too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2006
  8. eevol

eevol Guest

May be this DVD mpeg encoder can help you fix the problems.
    [advertising is not allowed in the forum - read the rules]
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/adprices.cfm
    to see!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2006
  9. bbrwn

bbrwn Guest

yes, it's possible. there are a great amount of software for that purpose. don't know about all of them, i think it's better for you to ask google.. as for me, i'm using flash to video encoder (geovid.com), easy to use and no problems with quality, it has all that i need

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

abelz22

Advertising isn't allowed in the forums. Take that link out of your sig immediately.

11. Peedy1971

Peedy1971 Guest

Is there a guide of how to convert flash files to avi somewhere around here? I am trying now with the flash-to-video thingy, but the outcome isn't very satisfying (random program crashes, the picture flow of the converted video is everything else but soft and so on....)...

12. bbrwn

bbrwn Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2006
  13. abelz22

abelz22 Guest

14. Nephilim

Buh bye. I asked you to remove it not argue with me about it.

15. Peedy1971

Peedy1971 Guest

Well my problem is this: I tried two different encoders: the first one named SUPER(C) (freeware) encodes flash to AVI normally fine - but some encoded files have green/red dots/lines at the bottom, and over the picture lies some blue and yellow "shadow picture" which hangs halfway to the left (i.e. when there is a logo at the top left, there will be a blue or yellow counterpart clear visible on the right)..

The second proggy (flash-to-video / shareware) seems to erase the problem above, but there the encoded file is a video that has anything but a smooth video-flow. This is the result of the fact that FtV encodes files in realtime, which requires almost new hardware that won't be ownable for me until christmas...

16. moyea

moyea Guest

17. Nephilim

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006