1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLash

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kid316, Oct 29, 2003.

1. kid316

kid316 Member

Is it possible to flash my chip externally? The bios is screwed up and i get an error, i need to flash it with another bios, but it wont give me the mirosoft screen, its an error 16, dashboard error. it goes to the error.

2. snowbdrtk

snowbdrtk Member

In order to flash your chip externally, it depends on which chip you have. If you have an Execueter/Lite/Pro/Lite+, then you can order an external flasher which runs about 13 to 15 dollars from most sites. Also read u on FTP if thats what you mean by external.

3. kid316

kid316 Member

i have the apple 3.0 and it doesnt laod a dash so i cant connect it to ftp. i dont think?

4. Workshed

Workshed Guest

try booting a cd with the dash on.

5. kid316

kid316 Member

When i push the eject button, it does nothing for 2 minutes then i get the error. When i push the power button, it brings up the black and green xbox screen then goes to the 16 error. It wont load the disc. And i cant ftp to it.

6. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

looks like you need a new chip then my friend! :]

7. kid316

kid316 Member

unfortunatley my chip is soldered. Is there anyway to removie it and put another chip on? If not can i get a new xbox and still use my hard drive?

8. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

depends which chip you already have installed, some come out quite easily but some are just a total pain in the ass. as for the hdd, no you cannot as each one is specifically numbered to each mobo. where did u get ur xbox from and is it still in the 1 year guarentee? if u got it from argos/dixons etc, take it back as they do not check to see if it is modded, and then get a brand new one, u loose ur chip but u get to start from scratch again. plus make sure u put down a fake name and addy as M$ will check ur console...this is what i did, but from GAME :s i was lucky, i had a trainee serve me! :p

9. kid316

kid316 Member

My room mate works at EB Games, he said he will take it back but as a trade in, so i will get $100 for it. I will put the old hard drive in it. I will have to pay $50 difference to get a refurbished one. But thats all i could do at this point. Also what do i do with the hard drive? Can i stick it in a computer and reformat it?

10. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

well as long as he does sumthing for u!
    im not 100% sure bout the hdd, as i didnt change mine, but u can format it again yes, then afta i wud use slayers to sort it all out for u!