1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FlashBios XBOX Xecuter 3

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by enguyen, Mar 3, 2005.

1. enguyen

enguyen Member

Hi, I just got my X3 mod chip and installed it and having some problem with FashBIOS.
    Here's the problem:
    When I turn on my XBOX I see
    -the blue light X -- which indicates good/successful install the Mod Chip
    -I also see the five options on the screen. I chose the first one (Enable Network Fashing)
    -After I use my computer connect to http://1921.68.254.74 then select the Bios 3.0.1 bin file then clicked on the update button
    -My TV screen went yellow then green then the Xbox turned itself off.
    -At this point I assume everything works. However, when I turn my XBOX back on, I got the same screen as if there 's no BIOS flashed. I did this several times with another Bios 3.0.3 bin file and the Same screen kept coming back.

I would be very appreciated if some one could help.
    Thanks in advance!
    fermat1357@yahoo.com

2. modster

modster Regular member

what is your xbox version?

I read somewhere that bios 3.0.3 would mess you the bios. You should just flash X3 bios 3029 or 3029_plus for xbox version 1.6 and 1.6b

I almost flash my bios with 3.0.3, but then I just flashed it with X3 3029 bios and it worked.

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you flashed the chip with the same bios as what came on the chip...you need to get a hold of the new x3 bios.

x3_3029_v16plus

if you flash the chip with flashbios, what do you expect the xbox to boot up to?

the chip already has flashbios on it, so flashing flashbios again, is the same thing that you started with.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2005
  4. enguyen

enguyen Member

Thanks! I got my Box to work after found the correct bios --x3_3029_v16plus and transfered it to the box via http.

Another question I have is this:
    When I first installed the chip I saw on my TV screen
    a bios version 3.0.3. Then after screwing with the wrong bin file via http, I saw 3.0.1. I guess because I flashed it with FlashBIOS v3.01 downloaded from teanxecuter site. With the flashBios 3.0.1 I transfered the x3_3029v16Plus and everything works fine now. I wonder if the flashBIOS v3.0.1 is good? or should I reset everything and do it from the beginning? And how can I restore the FlasBIOS as it came with the chip?
    Thanks!

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Hold the white button on your controller when powering on the Xbox and it will take you to the Config Live screen. You can use the same bank and reflash it, it will overwrite the prior BIOS.

6. derick14

derick14 Member

i am trying to do the same thing, but it didnt work for me. is there something else i have to do.

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if it ain't working you didn't do it correctly

8. derick14

derick14 Member

i am haveing a problem with flashing. i am trying to flash the x3 with the new 3029 bios. when i try flashing is says it is flashing but the bar never comes up. and it just sits there like that. what do i do.

9. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you have the dip switches set properly?

you sure you have a good x3 bios?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2005
  10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Did you set your dip bank right? 3209 BIOS uses 1MB bank so if you set it to 256K or 512K it won't flash.

11. enguyen

enguyen Member

Hi, it's me again with more problem.
    Well I got everything to work after using a DVD+R from Memorex. My box booted up from the DVD and I installed the SlaYer 2.6!
    Everything seems to work fine so I put my Original DVD (007 Everything or Nothing) and saved it under my drive E:\games using the DVD2XBox tool. Then I went back and select Play game from HHD then sure enough the game title show up as expected. Then I selected the game and pressed the A button to play. At this point my screen is drak blank and no disc acivity. Do I miss anything?
    Thanks again for all your help!

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

That game needs to be patched before it could be played off the HDD. Try a different game like Halo or something.

13. modster

modster Regular member

I am using evox and every game that I saved to the hard disk worked great without patching. I guess evox does the patching for me automactically. I even create an iso from the hard disk and burned it to dvd and when I put the dvd in and also worked great.

14. derick14

derick14 Member

i am setting the switches properly. 1mb. i turn the first two on to flash the first four banks. i am burning the disc exactly how it says to using nero.

15. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Use the network flash, it's so much easier. Open your web browser (IE) and type in whatever the IP that says on your FlashBIOS 3.0.3. screen, load the BIOS and flash.

16. modster

modster Regular member

are you using nero burning rom? using the 2x speed? I use verbatim dvd -R (up to 8x) and burn my backups using 2x speed and every time it works. What are you using to create xiso?

17. derick14

derick14 Member

what do i use to create xiso

18. ranl1059

ranl1059 Member

I'm trying to re-flash my Executer 3 chip (xbox 1.6) but when It gets to the flash screen the controller doesn't seem to work, If I reboot the xbox and go to evox dashboard everything works fine, all the buttons on the controller and all. Does anybody know why this is happening, Please help.

19. modster

modster Regular member

derick14,I use box ctool. this is a very easy program to create xiso.