1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashed Too many Times??

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bbelle, Dec 26, 2004.

1. bbelle

bbelle Guest

Hi I'm just wondering if it's possible to flash too many times. I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA 4082b. It's only 4 months old and was working fine until a week ago. I flashed it from 201 to204. worked fine for about 5 burns so I flashed again to 206. Same thing happened. Did about 5 burns and stuffed up again. Flashed again to 207, didn't work at all so tried 208. Worked for a day so I went back to 206. Got a couple of burns now it doesn't work at all. Won't read any discs what so ever. Have I killed it..LOL. Or is it possible to fix. I've dried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling..didn't help. Also after a bit of research I found this burner is actually a Hitachi Lg so should I be getting my firmware from Hitachi or LG.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I don't think you can over flash.I have read many problems on your drive and some fixes for it. Try this site for information.
    http://www.videohelp.com.
    Once there, click dvd writers on left side, then type in your model in the search block. Lots of reading on that drive.

Jerry

3. bbelle

bbelle Guest

Thanks for your help. I did what you said but it came up as 0 hits. I'll have a good search through the site though and see if i can find it somewhere else. :)

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Just type in 4082b in the search block. It will come right up.

Jerry