1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashed xecuter v2.6 with new bios now xbox wont start

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by draewilly, Feb 24, 2005.

1. draewilly

draewilly Member

i just modded my v1.0 xbox with the xecuter v2.6. it booted to the cromwell screen. i flashed it via http with xecuter bios x3_1959. everything went as the tutorial on teamxecuter.com said it would the xbox turned off after it flashed the bios and when i tryed to turn it back on nothing appeared on the tv screen the xbox flashed green and red. The modchip still turns on but nothing on the sceen any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

x3_1959 is for x3 chips ONLY...and since it is 1mb in size you flashed both banks on the chip...the only thing you can do now is buy a programmer to flash the chip.

this is bios you need is x2_4983 you will also have to convert this bios to 512k...x2.6 chips require you to flash a 512k bios to bank 2 of the chip.

next time you better read about the bios's available for use with the chip you installed.

3. draewilly

draewilly Member

thanks for the help
    what is a programmer and where can i buy 1

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

a programmer will allow you to flash your chip.

pretty sure system-mods.com has them

5. modster

modster Regular member

hey, check with xbins irc, it might have a programmer for you there.

6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Use the X2 4983.06 for 137+ hard drives if you plan on using a hd that big. Like Mdsup said the 1959 bios is for the X3 only, now you need a programmer to reflash the chip. I upgraded my X2 to the Xenium Ice for that reason.