1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashfxp slow

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jayquik03, Nov 4, 2004.

1. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Hi, I have my xbox ftp'd to computer with flashfxp but it days days literally to upload a game to pc so I can burn it to dvd I dont get it everyone seems to do it quick but mine takes forever.... is it because I have the demo version if so I just upgraded to full install flashfxp and going to try it tommarow any ideas maybe a faster program

2. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Yay after a week of trying I finally figured it out... I had the network card set at 10/halfduplex so it was moving at like 4-10kb per second I just put it at 100/halfduplex and now it's moving around 100kb per second or 1mb ever 10seconds I think this is right anyways it's lots faster I tried 100/fullduplex but it wouldnt move past 12kbps any idea... :) if not thanks neways

3. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

on big files i even go it moving at 7,000kbps or 7mbps :)

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi
    on A GOOD xbox dvd drive, you can get up to around 7mb even higher , from the xbox drive oto the hdd on a pc, you can get speeds up to around 12mb or even higher.(depending on the drive(s) you have)
    glad you got it sorted though:)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  5. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Um, I have the thomson the phillips and the samsung dvd drives lyin' around I cant figure out witch is better between the phillips and the samsung they both read my dvd+r and dvd+rw cd's so... i dunno but the thompon drive I dont care for. So when I make a disc that doesnt seem to work I switch dvd drives and works everytime in one or the other... or in that case other lol.. Thanks for the input though. I've had many problems that I"ve run into on the xbox and starting to find myself figuring them out on my own even easyer and faster than before... Feels good dun it

6. bc_mf

bc_mf Member

jayquik03 i have the same problem. I just installed the new version of Flashfxp 3 and my average speed is something like 40.0KB/s. With the older version i was transfering like 100x faster. I removed the new version and installed the older version again but i can't get it to go faster again. So how did u change the speed of your network card. That is the only thing i can think of for fixing this problem although i never touched it in the first place.

Peace!!!!