1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing green light

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by angie2227, Sep 8, 2003.

1. angie2227

angie2227 Guest

I bought my xbox system about 8 months ago. Now I am getting a flashing green light when i try to play the games. I also get the same message which says it cannot read the game, make sure it is a xbox game. I read on some of the forums that they want $100 to fix and I can almost buy a new one for that. Any suggestions to help me?
    Thanks

2. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

Is your XBOX modded? If it isn't and it won't play standard XBOX games it sounds like a warranty issue. Try calling the tech support number and see what they tell you. I think they have a year warranty you may be able to send it back to Microsoft. AGAIN I stress if it is NOT modded. If it is modded it could be any number of things.

3. _carlos_

_carlos_ Member

If you're getting the drive access light come on only when you're playing games (and have no probs with booting into dash) then it's likely to just be your DVD drive or laser that needs a clean. Try cleaning the laser with a cd cleaning kit first then if you still have problems, try to narrow it down...is it just xbox games or music cd's or both? If it plays up with both then it's a replacement drive...if you can't do it yourself then you might have to pay.

4. pong3

pong3 Guest

it might be the yellow cable wire that plugs into the dvd drive. i had the flashing green light also, and when i pushed it in more, it began to work. try getting a new one.

5. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

If your xbox is not modded I would still consider the warranty issue first. Cracking your box unnecessarily with no intention of modding it while it is still under warranty would be foolish. Why go through the trouble espesialy if you don't know what you are doing when M$ will fix it for free? Are you actualy reading these replies or have you forgotten about this posting???

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2003
  6. angie2227

angie2227 Guest

Hi, I just received the posts but my computer has been down. Sorry about not responding back, I do not know what modded means. Can you explain it to me? Someone mentioned to me about trying a music cd to see if it works will try that first, Thanks for your response

Angie2227

7. pong3

pong3 Guest

Have you even opened your xbox? modded means you have a chip in there...if you havent,i would definetly go with the warrenty like Max said.

8. angie2227

angie2227 Guest

I tried playing a music cd and it works fine only the games do not read.