1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing my bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ozy, Apr 20, 2003.

1. ozy

ozy Regular member

Under my "Flash Bios" folder, I have EvoX D.6 and EvoX D.6 Ejectfix. When I press the A button on the controller for each, a message comes up saying "Manufactures ID bf Device ID 61 !!Unknown Flash Type!!. What does this mean and How do I flash my bios because I am having trouble backing up newer games and the patches are not working for me.

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Don't worry peoples, have sorted the problem out.

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

DUDE!! PLEASE post your solution, maybe someone else was having similar trouble, and you kinda left em hangin! hehe I've seen alot of cases where people did the same thing and it was actually something i would have liked to know how they solved. be a team player buddy, post how you fixed your problem so other afterdawners can benefit too.

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

Sorry Guys! Thought I better explain how I fixed my problem with flashing the new bios.

First went to http://www.biteable.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ and downloaded the X2 4976.02 which includes 6 different colours. I actually d/loaded the X2 4976.02 which included the IGR file aswell but this file was too big and the xbox rejected it.
    As long as your mod chip is flashable you can use this method which I found at http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/evox-flash.php if not u could probably find another guide in the same link. I'm not a great wiz at this sort of stuff but with determination, worked it out. I opened flashfxp and clicked on the "C" drive of the xbox, found the evox.ini file, right clicked on it and clicked edit. Might be a good idea to print this ini file out just in case you stuff it and can't remember the layout. I then added the two flash conversions shown in the above link e.g "Flash = 0xbf61,"SST - 49LF020",0x40000" and typed it in above the others,located under the Bios section and exited. The computer then told me to save changes to ini file and do I want to post updates to xbox, which I did. I then dragged the new bios I d/loaded earlier over to the "BIOS Folder" on the xbox. Got off the computer and with the xbox controller clicked on "Launch Menu" then clicked on "Flash Bios". The new folder I dragged had shown on the menu now, clicked on it and pressed "Y" to flash. The xbox erased the old bios and uploaded the new one and then shut itself off. The rest is history because that simple process must have taken me about 3 days to workout. Hope this helps any other newbies out there. "peace!"