1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLASHING MY X3 CHIP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ryno247, Nov 20, 2004.

1. ryno247

ryno247 Guest

I just got my chip i recently got x3 bios from xbins and i renamed the bios to bios.bin and when i try to flash the chip it reads found flash bios=bios.bin
    unknown flash!!>Halted((((You guys are the best in here i have seen every question asked and answered can anyone answer this question PLEASE.

2. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

I know what your problem is....
    you have to burn the BIOS.bin as well as a file called DUMMY.bin (i made mine 101mb and it works perfect)
    you can get the program that makes the dummy file from teamxecuter in the other downloads section.
    (on MSN add spank_the_monkey_111@hotmail.com and i will help you out.
    (remember both the filenames have to be in CAPPSLOCK but the (*.bin) extention shouldnt [i think])

3. ryno247

ryno247 Guest

Thanks alot. Got it working just great and put evox on the box.=)

4. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

Im glad i helped :D

5. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  6. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

yes it is.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I am new to this MOD Chip thing, and I was wondering doing the flash this way (with a CD) does that replace having to FTP your XBox to you computer. If I flash with this CD Method is that all I would need to do?
    I just read a buch around here about all of this and am frankly getting a little confused. I'm just trying to find the easiest way possible to do this, and this one looks fairly simple if this is all thats really to it.

Thanks in advance for any input :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

8. ryno247

ryno247 Guest

Hello bbmayo,
    Ill break it down for you if you use a cd to install your bios and dashboard you will still need to ftp to your xbox if you want to put applications on your xbox so you can save games to your hd, put emulators on it and etc...

email me at ryno1984@hotmail.com
    Make sure you include what chip you have and what bios you want to put on your xbox.

9. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

man your email will be taken out in a sec (it happened to me :p) so bbmayo just PM him.

10. ryno247

ryno247 Guest

Well its still there-Thanks for the advice pm i will do!

11. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

12. delphiki

delphiki Guest

i got a question...can i install the bios and the dashboard from CD-rws or DVD-r or do i need to ftp to intall the dashboard

13. mdsup

mdsup Guest

to delphiki:
    you can flash the chip with a cdrw
    you can only install a dashboard after you have flashed your chip with a hacked bios.

you will need to ftp to install the dashboard...unless you have an autoinstaller...just put the disc in and it will install everything you need(Slayer's 2.6)...no need to ftp with a autoinstaller...but you are still going to want to ftp if ever you want to add some cool stuff to your box.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2005
  14. delphiki

delphiki Guest

just so i don't screw up my box....i can install EvolutionX (Dashboard) with a cd-rw using Slayer 2.6? If so, do i convert slayer to an xiso? or just put it with the xiso project?

15. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you have downloaded slayers, just extract the iso using winrar...then burn the image to a disc

16. delphiki

delphiki Guest

do i put this in xiso form? and do i burn slayer and evo on different discs?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2005
  17. delphiki

delphiki Guest

and wth evox i can put games on my system..........dude sorry all the quesions.........i'm a little slow

18. mdsup

mdsup Guest

slayers is an auto installer...so it has evo already on it....download slayers, use winrar to extract the iso...burn the iso onto a disc

your chip must be flashed with a hacked bios to be able to install slayers

19. delphiki

delphiki Guest

thanx....i will install evox bios and get slayer 2.6...i dl'd flashbios 3.03 off xecuter sight for the x3...is it in 1024k format?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2005
  20. grimace92

grimace92 Member

But where do I get A hacked Bios?