1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing Problems Xecuter 2.2 Pro

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by zeissman, Dec 2, 2003.

1. zeissman

zeissman Member

I'm having problems using the lpt programmer on the Xecuter 2.2 Pro. First what I have tried. I have 2 xboxs and ordered 2 2.2 Pros. I installed both in both boxes. I then tried to flash the bios using the supplied lpt programmer. It erases the flash, then gets to 13% and stops. Im using xbm, have tried both 1.1 and the beta 7 version. Have tried several different bin files including the cromwell, and this doesn't make a difference. I can't flash with the cd because i have erased the flash on both chips (stupid i know, but i wanted to program with computer, thats why i bought the pro version). Have tried 3 different computers, changing lpt port configs in bios to all available options. Have tried with and without a cable (hooking programmer straight into lpt port), have tried booting to dos and using xcable and x2pro. The programs see the xecuter chip (I get the 01 D5 code), and if I change the flash protect then i get the 0FFF error. I have the switches all set to off execpt for sw 4 which is the flash protect, this is on. I have the mod disabled (with the enable/disable switch). When disabled the xbox starts normally, when it is enabled it frags. I have checked the voltage on the lpc header pins I installed, i get the correct voltages. I have see a post where someone else was having this problem, but there was no solution posted. Could this be a D0 problem, would D0 keep you from flashing the chip with a programmer? I can't believe I have 2 bad chips, I think this is more likely something I'm not doing right. Also, I have made the bios's 1 meg using both xbm and the 1meg bat file, I have also just tried to flash just 1 256K bank, this makes the progress indicator stop at 50% (eraseing is the first 50%, hangs when it starts to write). I really appreciate your help.

2. zeissman

zeissman Member

3. Scot

Scot Regular member

Sounds like you tried everything, I dont have that chip, not really sure just wanted to make sure that you tried the lpc programmer again with a fresh battery. I remember a lonnnnngggg time ago when i first flashed my matrix it took a few different pc's before it worked (3 of them actually)but by the time i got to the 3rd pc it didnt work, i changed the battery and tried it again and it worked just fine. Just a thought, if you tried this already then please disregaurd.

4. zeissman

zeissman Member

Thanx for the reply, but the programmer with the 2.2 Pro doesn't use a battery. I think it's supposed to get power from the xbox itself. When you had problems writing with other computers (you said you used three before you got it to work), did it see your chip and couldn't write? Or did it just not work at all with some computers? When you did get it to work, what did you have the parallel port set up as SPP, EPP or ECP? Thanks again for your help.

5. fallquist

fallquist Member

I am having the same problems

6. zeissman

zeissman Member