1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashing red/green lights

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by nitebeast, Feb 2, 2005.

1. nitebeast

nitebeast Member

i have an unmodded xbox. it worked fine till a little bit ago when it would not boot up. not it works for a little bit...but if i try to change the game it will flash the red/green lights. i dont want to spend the money to send it in and the warrenty is long gone so if some1 out ther nows of n e ways to fix this problem pklease help..!!

2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

you need a mod chip so you can diagnose the problem.

3. nitebeast

nitebeast Member

rilly?!?!...never heard of that before..but then again im just a newbie at this stuff..wat kind do u sugest and where should i purchuse 1??

4. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

unless you see an error code I suggest getting a chip.
    it ll cost you 50-60 bucks for a chip. I like the Xenium Ice because its easy and its a nice chip.
    Not to mention when you get a chip you can start playing back up games.
    Ive heard good things about BMMODS.com

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  5. nitebeast

nitebeast Member

ok but before i invest in this chip..how will it help...like wat can it do that will tell me wats wrong..or can it fix it?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  6. whowhat

whowhat Member

I have the same problem, more or less. My Xbox will usually not boot when powered on. If it has been off for a while, I'll hit the power button two or ten times and it will often boot. Whatever game is on will play fine, forever, Xbox live or single player, as long as the box stays on and the game unchanged.
    If I try to eject the game, the game stops, screen goes dark, and the dvd will not eject. The LED will flash green. I have to resort to the straightned paper clip to eject the disk. After running for a litle while (warming up?) the box will not boot no matter what I try and I'll have to shut it off and let it rest (cool down?).
    The box is way out of warranty (18 mos since bought).

It seems to me that the fact that it will boot when cold starting points towards a hardware/motherboard issue. Any ideas?