1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing spider modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jwren, Mar 9, 2005.

1. jwren

jwren Guest

I have a 1.0 spider modchip sucessfully installed on my xbox I can get the screen to come up that states load bios from hdd(c:/bios),load bios from disc unlock hdd, lock hdd, I've downloaded diffent bios and made a dummy file but it says no bios update found ...halting can someone please inform me on what bios are compatiable with the spider chip 1.0 solderless and please give me a step by step walk through and any information i might be missing please someone assist.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  2. tyche7

tyche7 Member

when you burned your bios to the disc with the dummy file, did you burn it to a CD-RW? Also, did you change the bios name to "bios.bin" (obviously without the quotations). Those are two common errors.

3. jwren

jwren Guest

Yes i used a memorex cd-rw and i name the bios bios.bin and the dummy file i left as dummy file.

4. jwren

jwren Guest

tych 7 or anyone that can help with this matter i wanted to know how do you know if your spider chip has been flashed because when i click on lock hard drive it blink the current menu diappered and i could'nt access my regular xbox screen then i clicked lock hdd and i had access to play games as usual can anyone tell my if my flash worked because i didn't see any diffrence it said waiting for drive/mode flashing then it clicks off after 2 or 3 minutes then the disk eject.