1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing Viper Chip

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by mangle, Jan 15, 2007.

1. mangle

mangle Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I've searched endlessly for an answer to my question but can't find one so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I recently bought a Gamecube with a Viper chip pre-installed and was assured by the seller that it was already flashed (with Cobra v0.4 I think) and played back-ups. I tried using a couple of his backups he sent me for proof of it working but trying a direct boot, region-free boot and dvd boot (both from the menu) all yield the same results - the gamecube logo appearing and becoming a cube telling me that there is no disc. Since it was working before I received it (supposedly) what could the problem be? The laser?

Well anyway, I want to update the cobra BIOS to see if that makes a difference and I have the programmer and a link to download cobra 1.2 but I have absolutely no idea how to flash the chip [safely].

If there's any1 who could give me instructions how to do this that would be really great. The more r*tard-friedly, the better.

Thanks a million in advance!!

2. chiggazz

chiggazz Member

3. mangle

mangle Member

Great! That looks simple enough. I'll try it out today. (while praying I won't have to pot tweak - I've had some bad experiences with multimeters).

Thanks again!