1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing Xecuter 2.2 lite EPP resolved - info for anyone who needs it!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by _carlos_, Sep 4, 2003.

1. _carlos_

_carlos_ Member

Just incase anyone gets the same prob as me...i just spent the last day trying to re-flash my xecuter 2.2 lite in my 1.2 xbox and all along was confused as to why it wasnt working!! The xbox worked fine, the mod chip (bar a bad flash of an incorrect BIOS - namely the evox 2.5 which isn't even remotely close to what i should have been using) worked and the programmer flashed the chip fine (or so it seemed)...however, after reinstalling the mod chip, i still found the flashing red green light problem...

The answer?

Go into the BIOS of your PC (usually accessed by pressing DEL or ESC or an F key on startup, and go to the menu that adjusts ports...then, simply change your parallel port to EPP mode. It worked first go after so much headache it's unreal!!! The xecuter 4997 1 meg file went in lovely and now I'm happy :) TIP to find it - search GOOGLE for 'executer 4977 download' and it's the top result.

2. _carlos_

_carlos_ Member

Oh, for anyone who gets the programmer...don't bother with an extended parallel lead, simply undo the two screws and take the metal front plate off and plug it directly into your parallel port.

You program it with a dos prog called x2cable incase you wanted to know that aswell!!!

3. _carlos_

_carlos_ Member

Sorry i dont mean to spam this but my search tip should say 'xecuter' not 'executer' =)

4. o5_pro

o5_pro Member

I'm using the x2cable program to flash my card and I'm trying to decypher the following:
    manufacture code: 01h Device Code: 01h
    Security Bit: 11111111

what does this mean?